Thursday, February 12, 2009

Encounter with a Darwinist Today

Don't tell me Darwinism is not a "religion". Have you ever seen those Christian fish symbols attached to the rear of vehicles with "evolved" feet and "Darwin" on them?
Well, today, I was driving to court and I saw one of these symbols on the rear of a truck. On a whim or maybe after being sensitized to the issue by reading about Darwin earlier in the day, I followed the truck into a parking lot and waited until the driver, sporting a beard, stepped from the vehicle. I rolled down my window and called out to him: "Hey, do you know that today is the 200th birthday of your savior?" He look quizzically at me for a moment, and then smiled and said: "Yeah, I know. I going to a celebration party tonight." I responded: "Can your savior save your soul from eternal damnation?" He looked at me warily, and then condescendingly replied: "Actually, my soul is in pretty good shape." I countered with the "J" word: "Then you know Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord?" The fellow looked at me with disgust, turned and walked away without responding.
The foregoing is an absolutely true and verbatim account of what happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment