Friday, November 21, 2008

Waymer needs a NickName

it has been reported from a reliable source that Waymer is envious/jealous that i now have a nickname. he should know that the only good nickname is one that someone else gives you; not one that you give yourself (as in my case). therefore, in order to resolve this dilemma and restore the bonds of fellowship, i have taken it upon myself to institute our first committee (since we are southern baptists?) to which you all have been nominated and appointed as members thereof, if you are a member in good standing of our Bible study class (i.e., you show up at least for Easter and Christmas each year). the working name of the committee is "Waymer needs a nickname". I want each of you to seek guidance to come up with a suggestion for a suitable nickname. please submit your suggested nickname to the "comments" to this post; and assuming we get any entries, we will vote on them in some manner in the near future.

8 comments:

  1. I am happy to see that the first result of our new blog is something as serious as a nickname for Waymer! I'll take my appointment to this committee very seriously and will immediately begin to ponder over a new moniker for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm sounds fun! I will also ponder this oh so deep topic and see what I can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to will ponder this great question concerning John's nickname since I easily meet the requirments set forth by Zenas I attend Bible Study far more than just Easter and Christmas.Heck sometimes we go (2)weeks in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my suggestion for waymer's nickname is
    "NoWay"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first blog ever and while I was pondering this great question regarding John , I came up with my own new name for this blog. Sorry John but I'm still working on yours don't you worry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. after much contemplation, i have decided that my suggestion for Waymer's nickname is "J-Way"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wondering if Waymer knows we are all thinking of his nickname. I like Carri's suggestion. I guess since my nickname was given to me 52 years ago on the day of my birth (because my mom got tired of people saying Dana with a long "a" sound) that I never realized people didn't come with a nickname! On a more serious note......kudos to Tom for a class well taught yesterday. Good job! John B., how did it feel to be able to come in and sit by your lovely wife for a change? Don't get used to it! ha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waymer's Nickname--
    Well I've read the scuttle about the addendum to John Waymer. J-Way, has a ring, but sounds like a quick stop or gas-up....I would be looking for him on every corner. How about something dignified like "Sir Waymer", then on the golf course we could shorten it to "Swaymer"!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete